Sunday, January 4, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Here are some updates....

Grace went to her first birthday party for a classmate. It was awesome to see the girls running up to each other, hugging and talking about how much they have missed each other since they parted nearly THREE WEEKS ago. That's an eternity to a 5/6 year old. They party was held at Jump 2 It. It's one of those cool inflatable jumper places where angsty teen-aged boys walk around "supervising" the kids playing while they take pictures & then fix their hair that has managed to unfeather itself. I just like that they have t-shirts that say things like, "BOUNCER" and "PAID TO PARTY!" on the back. Like these kids really consider wrangling up to 30 monkey children a good time. HA! But I had a good time sitting and talking to a few of the parents who I had never really done much socializing with. Totally different worlds in some cases, but they were still really nice to sit with & joke about our drama queenies screaming with delight as they jumped & chased each other. I am so bummed though. I forgot to take my camera. But I am hoping that the Birthday Girl's Mom got some good shots that she wouldn't mind emailing me. I will update this post accordingly. Gracie did spend some of her Christmas money on a big-girl bed set!







Jesse cut his second tooth a couple days before he saw the New Year in. The funny thing is, Grace lost her first tooth on the left & then he cut his left tooth. After Grace lost her right tooth, Jess followed suit with cutting his. Monkey see....monkey do! The kids are having a great time together. Grace is such a wonderful big sister. She really knows how to nurture and love her baby brother. I asked her last night what she thought the baby in the belly was going to be. She said, "I look at your tummy & I just think 'BOY!'" So, we shall see. Jesse LOOOVES peas!!!


2 comments:

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

What a pretty bed set!! And the peas? Classic! Such a cute pic!

iatrogenix said...

LOL - What a HAM!!!